The 4-H Blender Bike is a fun and interactive teaching tool used to communicate healthy living messages such as the importance of incorporating physical activity and a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables into daily life. The bike is great for attracting participants to health events and exhibits!
A Journal of Extension article describing the Blender Bike can be found here.
Blender Bike Curriculum
- Adjusting the Blender Bike
- Blender Bike Fact Sheet
- Managing the Blender Bike at Events
- Preparing to Use the Blender Bike
- Balancing Calories In - Calories Out
- Calories In Calories Out Activity Directions
- Calories In Calories Out - Category Cards
- Calories In Calories Out - Food Cards
- The Beat Goes On Activity Directions
- Using a Blender Bike to Make Smoothies in a Teaching Setting
- Create Your Own Recipe
- Additional Recipes
- Smoothie Advocacy
- What is a Smoothie?
- Smoothie Recipe Handout
- Beyond Smoothies
- Using Local Foods with the Blender Bike
- Evaluating Blender Bike Activities
- Blender Bike Report Form
OSU Extention Educators interested in borrowing the 4-H Blender Bike:
Contact Katie Riemenschneider at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
The Blender Bike is currently only available to OSU Extension employees.