Welcome, 4-H Alumni and Friends!
If you are an Ohio 4-H alum or “friend” that believes in the 4-H program and empowering youth, we would like to hear from you. Take the following survey: https://go.osu.edu/4halumni_friends
INTERESTED IN DONATING YOUR TIME, TALENT, OR TREASURE?
Check out these 10 ways to volunteer!
Help youth lead a club.
- Assist a youth club leader with organizing meetings, speakers, and other logistics.
- Assist and/or mentor a 4-H volunteer who is serving as a project leader.
Teach a skill.
- Organize a club, or share your skills by teaching a club meeting workshop, devoted to your area of specialty.
- Serve as a judge for 4-H exhibits, competitions, or performances, providing encouragement and suggestions for improvement.
Plan or help at an event.
- Volunteer at a county/parish special event; from set-up or clean-up to serving food or taking registrations, there are a lot of ways to get involved.
Serve on an advisory board or committee.
- Sit on a local advisory or county governing board to help determine program priorities.
Help with a specific 4-H project.
- Advise a 4-H member in their project work; help youth identify and set goals, create and implement a plan, and reflect on what they learned and would do differently next time.
Assist with program delivery.
- Volunteer at an after-school program, a summer program, camp program event, or club meeting.
Volunteer on a fair organizing committee.
- Volunteer at a local fair – be inspired by the talents and creativity of the next generation while promoting the country’s largest youth development organization!
- Work in the food booth or help in the 4-H exhibit hall or at the 4-H show ring.
Utilize your professional skills.
- Share your technical skills and knowledge to develop subject matter for curriculum/project sheets.
- Utilize your professional skills to assist with creating marketing tools, graphic art, word documents, webpages, videos, online training modules, etc.
- Intern at your local Extension office with the 4-H program, a great resume builder.
Share your experiences
- Share your hobby/passion – inspire a young person as a guest speaker or short-term instructor.
- Share your career path – invite a 4-H’er to shadow you for the day.
- Share your educational path/give a testimonial – how did you get to where you are? (If you are a college student – how did you choose your school, what are you pursuing, what are you aspiring to do?)
Where many see challenge, kids see opportunity. Every kid needs the chance to thrive. It’ll inspire their lives, and they’ll inspire our community. Interested in giving back to the program that supported you? Give at ohio4h.org/give-now.
COLLEGIATE 4-H OPPORTUNITIES
Are you currently attending a post-secondary degree institution and are interested in finding a collegiate 4-H chapter? Contact Kayla Oberstadt at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance connecting with or starting a club.