2019 Horse Skillathon
Please note: This is now a pre-fair event!
Wednesday, July 17, 10:00am - 3:00pm, Voinovich Livestock Center Mezzanine
Horse Awards: Wednesday, July 17, 5:30 pm, Coliseum
Do not bring record books! They will not be judged.
2019 Skillathon Stations: Equine Coat Colors, Health and Diseases, Events and Attire, Best Management Practices
Resources to Study
- Ohio 4-H Horse Resources
- Horse Industry Handbook and Horse Smarts: An Equine Reference and Youth Activity Guide by American Youth Horse Council (AYHC)
- Illustrated Dictionary of Equine Terms by New Horizons Equine Education Center, Inc., Alpine Publications
- Horse Anatomy, A Coloring Atlas by R. Kainer and T. McCracken, Alpine Publications
- Equine Science: Basic Knowledge for Horse People of All Ages by J.T. Griffiths
- Feeding and Care of the Horse (2nd Edition) by L.D. Lewis, Wiley-Blackwell
- Tack catalogues for visuals:
- 2018 Ohio State Fair Horse Skillathon Results by Age
- Note about ties: Ties are broken first by the highest score on station 2. If there is still a tie, then it proceeds to the highest score of station 3, then station 4, then within age group of station 1, and then total score of common Skillathon stations.