Thank you for your interest in the Ohio 4-H Virtual Camping Curriculum! During the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, a critical need for Ohio 4-H professionals was finding ways to conduct camp counselor training virtually. The development of this curriculum met that need, and consists of 21 lessons, including one for each of the 15 Ohio 4-H Camp Counselor Competencies (more details about these and the research to develop these can be found here). Ohio 4-H professionals have continued to use this curriculum to supplement learning, provide makeup assignments for missed trainings, and more!
Notes about the curriculum:
- The curriculum can be accessed through a Qualtrics survey at go.osu.edu/virtualcampingcurriculum.
- You will need to request collaborator access to the Qualtrics Survey, so you have the ability to download county reports.
- To gain access, complete this survey: https://go.osu.edu/virtualccrequest. You only need to request access once. Then, a Camping Design Team member will manually add you as a collaborator. You will be notified via e-mail when you have been added as a collaborator.
- Accompanying materials for the curriculum can be found below:
- The Facilitator Guide provides instructions for utilizing the curriculum and an answer key for all lessons.
- A List of Lessons by Competency includes lesson number/title, session description, author name (name.#), credit hours counselors should receiving for completing, video source and if presenter notes are available.
- An E-mail Template for Assigning Lessons is provided to assist you in notifying counselors which lesson(s) to complete.
- If counselors are unable to access the videos, you can send them the Lesson Presenter Notes for that lesson, if available.
- Instructions for Qualtrics Reports will assist you in downloading your counselors’ responses.