- ANATOMY: dairy and Angora goat body parts, skeletal system, mammary structures
- BREEDS: breed images and traits
- CONFORMATION: feet and legs, topline, mammary structures
- HOOF TRIMMING: hoof parts, tools, trimming technique
- IDENTIFICATION SYSTEMS: reading tattoos, proper tattooing techniques (template)
- SCORING: junior doe, senior doe, showmanship
- MEDICINE LABELS / INSERTS: parts identification and interpretation, proper injection sites
- MEAT CUTS: wholesale cuts of Chevon *
- ANIMAL HANDLING: safe animal handling and management
Our handy flyer lists the prices and availability of all 12 Learning Lab Kits.
- Durable posters, charts, pictures, and task cards are printed on bright cover stock with heavy-duty lamination. Easy to write on and erase!
- NEW! Scored, punch-out ID tags - no more painful cutting with scissors! Color-coded tags are printed on durable polystyrene. Includes Velcro dots, making learning tactile and fun.
- Manipulatives of animals, equipment, and handlers provide practice in safe animal handling and management.
- Includes heavy-duty, plastic storage bags and printed adhesive labels for easy organization.
- Special hands-on learning tools include a labeled medication bottle, syringe-style pipette, and tattoo set (no ink).
- The Educator's Curriculum Guide makes it easy for you to get the most out of your kit by providing background information and lesson plans for twenty short activities.
- The Educator's Resource Materials Set includes reproducible masters for most of the kit contents.
- DVD - Quality Assurance and Animal Care
- Each kit is shipped in a sturdy cardboard box that can be inserted into the canvas carrying case for durable kit storage and transportation.
* Please note: although this kit focuses on DAIRY goats, it does include a small section dedicated to cuts of Chevon. Please review kit contents before purchasing. All sales are final.
GOAT LEARNING LAB CD
A complete electronic Learning Lab Kit on one $99 CD that includes these units:
CD not included in Goat Learning Lab Kit.
Ready to Order?
ALL learning lab kit orders must be completed ONLINE. To enter our online store, you’ll be asked to create a user name and password. Our online store allows you to place your order, and then follow up with payment information.
After placing your order, selecting a payment preference and clicking "Checkout" you will receive an order number. Once your order has been placed, please follow up with one of these steps:
- For a Purchase Order: email your signed PO to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 614-292-5937.
- For payment by Check: make checks payable to The Ohio State University, then mail to Ohio 4-H Learning Lab Kits, 2201 Fred Taylor Dr., Columbus, OH 43210.
- For payment by Credit Card: call 614-292-9772 with your order number to provide payment information (Mon.-Friday). DO NOT fax, email, or enter your credit card information online.
Your order will be released for shipment when we receive your PO, check, or credit card information.
Please note: We strive to ship your order in a timely manner; however, high demand may sometimes result in delivery times of 2 to 3 weeks. To request expedited processing, please contact us at 614-292-9772 or email@example.com.
Ohio tax-exempt customers: You will be asked to complete an exemption certificate and to fax or email it to Ohio 4-H (614-292-5937 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Non-exempt Ohio customers will be charged state sales tax.
Non-Ohio customers: You will NOT be charged sales tax; please do NOT send a tax-exemption certificate.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: Be sure to read our SALES POLICY.
We're Here to Help!
Have a question about our products or your order? Check our Frequently Asked Questions or contact the personnel listed below.
|Kit production and development