The Horse Kit is currently out of stock, but is expected to be available Fall 2018 (subject to change).
To be notified when this kit is re-stocked, please click here.
The Horse Learning Lab Kit, our most elaborate kit, costs $949 (subject to change) and includes materials and suggestions for activities that cover
- ANATOMY: horse body parts, skeleton, leg, hoof, digestive tract, teeth, reproductive tracts
- BREEDS: breed images and traits
- CONFORMATION: legs - front and side views
- MEDICINE LABELS / INSERTS: parts identification and interpretation
- ANIMAL HANDLING: safe animal awareness, care, and handling
- NUTRITION: plant images and descriptions, feed sample set (feed set also sold separately)
- TACK AND EQUIPMENT: images and descriptions for general, English, Western, draft, driving, racing tack/equipment
Our handy flyer lists the prices and availability of all 12 Learning Lab Kits.
- Durable posters, pictures, charts, and task cards are printed on bright cover stock with heavy-duty lamination. Easy to write on and erase!
- NEW! Scored, punch-out ID tags - no more painful cutting with scissors! Color-coded tags are printed on durable polystyrene. Includes Velcro dots, making learning tactile and fun.
- Manipulatives of animals, equipment, and handlers provide practice in safe animal handling and management.
- Includes heavy-duty, plastic bags and printed adhesive labels for easy organization.
- Special hands-on learning tools include a 12-sample feed set with sturdy storage box and answer key (also sold separately)
- The Educator's Curriculum Guide makes it easy for you to get the most out of your kit by providing background information and lesson plans for nineteen short activities.
- The Educator's Resource Materials Set includes reproducible masters for most of the kit contents.
- DVD - Ground Handling Horses Safely
- Each kit is shipped in a sturdy cardboard box that can be inserted into the canvas carrying case for durable kit storage and transportation.
Please review kit contents before purchasing. All sales are final.
HORSE LEARNING LAB CD
A complete electronic Learning Lab Kit on one $99 CD that includes these units:
CD is not included in the Horse Learning Lab Kit.
For use with PC operating systems only
(Windows 95 through Windows 10).
Ready to Order?
ALL learning lab kit orders must be completed ONLINE. To enter our online store, you’ll be asked to create a user name and password. Our online store allows you to place your order, and then follow up with payment information.
After placing your order, selecting a payment preference and clicking "Checkout" you will receive an order number. Once your order has been placed, please follow up with one of these steps:
- For a Purchase Order: email your signed PO to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 614-292-5937.
- For payment by Check: make checks payable to The Ohio State University, then mail to Ohio 4-H Learning Lab Kits, 2201 Fred Taylor Dr., Columbus, OH 43210.
- For payment by Credit Card: call 614-292-9772 with your order number to provide payment information (Mon.-Friday). DO NOT fax, email, or enter your credit card information online.
Your order will be released for shipment when we receive your PO, check, or credit card information.
Please note: We strive to ship your order in a timely manner; however, high demand may sometimes result in delivery times of 2 to 3 weeks. To request expedited processing, please contact us at 614-292-9772 or email@example.com.
Ohio tax-exempt customers: You will be asked to complete an exemption certificate and to fax or email it to Ohio 4-H (614-292-5937 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Non-exempt Ohio customers will be charged state sales tax.
Non-Ohio customers: You will NOT be charged sales tax; please do NOT send a tax-exemption certificate.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: Be sure to read our SALES POLICY.
We're Here to Help!
Have a question about our products or your order? Check our Frequently Asked Questions or contact the personnel listed below.
|Kit production and development