Ohio 4-H Sea Camp
July 15-19, 2021
Printable: 2020 Sea Camp Brochure
Camper Registration: PRE-REGISTRATION now open through April 1!
- Camper Pre-Registration (click to be directed to pre-registration survey)
- Camper Age: 15-17 at the time of camp (July 15, 2021)
- Camper Registration Packet (will be launched in April, due May 21)
- We will not begin collecting payment for Sea Camp until after April 1. At that time, you will be contacted with additional paperwork and requested to submit your payment for camp ($450) by May 21 to secure your camp spot
- COST: $450/camper
- DISCOUNTED RATE: $400/camper who is enrolled in Ohio State 4-H
Through partnerships of Ohio State University Extension and organizations that offer aquatic education and water recreation, Ohio 4-H Sea Camp at Kelleys Island has offered hundreds of young people the opportunity to learn about aquatic science and experience a variety of recreational watersports on Lake Erie. Sea Camp is offered to youth ages 15-17 (age as of first day of camp).
The mission of Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is to offer teenage youth an introduction to the Great Lakes through hands-on experiences in a variety of aquatic-based programs. Sea Camp will enable participants to experience Lake Erie-based activities and culture such as aquatic science, water recreation, and fishing. The program is a supervised, educational environment fostered by Ohio 4-H and The Ohio State University.
Objectives of Ohio 4-H Sea Camp include:
- Participants will gain an understanding of safety applied to watercraft, sun, and open water recreation.
- Participants will explore a variety of potential career opportunities through learning from professionals in aquatic science, natural resources, and watersports.
- Participants will gain lifelong skills fostered through educational and recreational water-based activities, while developing lasting friendships and comradery with peers.
We would like to thank the Ohio 4-H Foundation for generously sponsoring a grant to help support campers attend 2021 Ohio 4-H Sea Camp!
For more information, contact Kayla Oberstadt at the State 4-H Office by email or phone at 614-292-3758.