Ohio 4-H Sea Camp
July 15-19, 2021
Printable: 2020 Sea Camp Brochure
NOTE, Ohio 4-H Camps have been given permission to host overnight programs for the summer of 2021. Additional information regarding health safety and appropriate guidance continues to be developed. All dates, activities, and corresponding information about Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is subject to change.
- Camper Pre-Registration (pre-registration survey is now closed)
- Camper Age: 15-17 at the time of camp (July 15, 2021)
- Camper Registration Packet (will be launched when camp details are determined)
- We will not begin collecting payment for Sea Camp until after April 1. At that time, you will be contacted with additional paperwork and requested to submit your payment for camp ($450) by May 21 to secure your camp spot
- COST: $450/camper
- DISCOUNTED RATE: $400/camper who is enrolled in Ohio State 4-H
Counselor Application: Spots still available!
- Camp Counselor Application (click to be directed to application survey)
- Counselor Age: 18+ at the time of camp (July 15, 2021)
- Counselors will be responsible for the well-being of a cabin of campers, participating in camp programs, and maintaining an overall positive and safe environment during the duration of Sea Camp.
- View the application cover letter (link above) for the outline of detailed expectations
- References (2 required per counselor)
- Must be completed online by April 15, 2021
- Share the link, go.osu.edu/seacampref, with two unrelated adults who can speak to your camp counselor abilities and leadership skills
Through partnerships of Ohio State University Extension and organizations that offer aquatic education and water recreation, Ohio 4-H Sea Camp at Kelleys Island has offered hundreds of young people the opportunity to learn about aquatic science and experience a variety of recreational watersports on Lake Erie. Sea Camp is offered to youth ages 15-17 (age as of first day of camp).
The mission of Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is to offer teenage youth an introduction to the Great Lakes through hands-on experiences in a variety of aquatic-based programs. Sea Camp will enable participants to experience Lake Erie-based activities and culture such as aquatic science, water recreation, and fishing. The program is a supervised, educational environment fostered by Ohio 4-H and The Ohio State University.
Objectives of Ohio 4-H Sea Camp include:
- Participants will gain an understanding of safety applied to watercraft, sun, and open water recreation.
- Participants will explore a variety of potential career opportunities through learning from professionals in aquatic science, natural resources, and watersports.
- Participants will gain lifelong skills fostered through educational and recreational water-based activities, while developing lasting friendships and comradery with peers.
We would like to thank the Ohio 4-H Foundation for generously sponsoring a grant to help support campers attend 2021 Ohio 4-H Sea Camp!
For more information, contact Kayla Oberstadt at the State 4-H Office by email or phone at 614-292-3758.