Deadline - 4-H Event Youth Assistant (4HEYA) Application
OVERVIEW OF THE 4-H EVENT YOUTH ASSISTANTS
The Ohio 4-H Event Youth Assistants (4HEYA) are a statewide group of 4-H teens that assist with Ohio State Fair events. In this process, members have an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and be involved in the State 4-H program. They develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and aspirations needed for future success.
TIME COMMITMENT AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Number of Meetings/Events: In addition to working events, members are required to attend one of the training options (either July 9 or July 17, 2019), both are held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds.
- Working Events: Members are required to work at least 3 events at the Ohio State Fair. They will have the opportunity to sign up for their particular events in June.
- Location of activities: All meetings and events are held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds in Columbus, Ohio. There are some Ohio State Fair events that are “off-site,” but members will be notified of the location prior to signing up for an event.
- Youth selected receive:
- 4HEYA Polo
- 4HEYA Nametag
- State Fair admission and parking ticket(s) for the day(s) events are worked.
- State Fair meal ticket(s) for the day(s) events are worked.
- Optional state fair housing in the Rhodes Center Dormitory. NOTE: This is not required, but is an option for youth to stay overnight, if they desire to do so due to event work schedules. While youth are not chaperoned after the event(s) worked, there are adults present in the dormitory on the fairgrounds who monitor curfew and security of the dormitory. Housing is in a gender-specific shared living space, with several bunk beds in one room. 4-H representatives will be housed with other youth participants (4-H members and non-members) of the Ohio State Fair.
- Experience of working events at the Ohio State Fair.
- An opportunity to enhance leadership skills and be involved in the state 4-H program