Dog Judges Seminar
Animal Sciences Building Arenas, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Address: 2029 Fyffe Court, Columbus, Ohio 43210.
Registration is $35.00 per person, which includes refreshments, lunch, and resources. Registrations are due by Friday, January 9. (Refer to the Registration Form.) Make checks payable to: The Ohio State University.
The 4-H Dog Judges Seminar is for current 4-H dog judges, non-4-H dog judges, and individuals interested in judging obedience, showmanship and rally at 4-H and junior fair dog shows throughout Ohio. This seminar is not intended for 4-H advisors and other adults interested in learning how to teach dog obedience, showmanship, and/or rally. Attendees must be adults, not 4-H members. Exception: 4-H members in their last year of 4-H who are interested in judging the following year are welcome to attend. Agility will be discussed during lunch.
Ohio 4-H Dog Judges’ Seminar is designed to:
- Educate participants about the purpose and philosophy of Ohio 4-H and the 4-H dog program;
- Review and practice general judging guidelines for junior fair dog shows in Ohio;
- Review 4-H dog obedience, showmanship, and rally rules;
- Review judging procedures;
- Provide demonstrations and hands-on judging experience;
- Bring consistency to judging 4-H obedience, showmanship, and rally classes; and
- Develop a list of potential 4-H dog show judges for county 4-H dog shows and the Ohio State Fair Dog Show.
Pattie Stover, OSF Dog Show Director
23 George Street
Covington, OH 45318