Ohio 4-H Dog Judges' Seminar
The 4-H Dog Judges Seminar is for current 4-H dog judges, non-4-H dog judges, and individuals interested in judging showmanship, obedience and rally at 4-H and junior fair dog shows throughout Ohio. Attendees must be adults, not 4-H members. Exception: 4-H members in their last year of 4-H who are interested in judging the following year are welcome to attend. Sessions will be offered on showmanship, beginner obedience, advanced obedience (novice and graduate novice), rally and tricks. Judging You & Your Dog and 4-H PetPALS will also be discussed.
Ohio 4-H Dog Judges’ Seminar is designed to:
- Educate participants about the purpose and philosophy of Ohio 4-H and the 4-H dog program;
- Review and practice general judging guidelines for junior fair dog shows in Ohio;
- Review 4-H dog rules, including obedience, showmanship, and rally, as well as You & Your Dog, 4-H PetPALS, and tricks;
- Review judging procedures;
- Provide demonstrations and hands-on judging experience;
- Bring consistency to judging 4-H dog show classes; and
- Develop a list of potential 4-H dog show judges for county 4-H dog shows and the Ohio State Fair Dog Show.
Registration is $40.00 per person, which includes refreshments, lunch, and resources. Registrations are due by Monday, January 14. (Refer to the registration form.) Make checks payable to: The Ohio State University. Note: Registration fees are non-refundable. Should this event be canceled because of severe weather, those registered will receive the seminar materials in a three-ring binder with an accompanying tote bag.