Ohio 4-H Rabbit Bowl
The primary purpose of the Rabbit Quiz Bowl Contest is to provide an opportunity for 4-H members to demonstrate their knowledge of rabbit-related subject matter in a competitive setting where attitudes of friendliness and fairness prevail. The Rabbit Quiz Bowl Contest should provide an educational experience for both participants and spectators.
TEAM AND CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY
1. Each county may enter two (2) junior and two (2) senior teams of four (4) or five (5) contestants. One team member will be designated as the alternate if five contestants are entered. The team may be selected by any procedure the county deems appropriate.
2. Team members must be 4-H members, but are not required to enroll in a 4-H Rabbit Project to participate.
3. Senior contestants must be at least 14 years of age on January 1, 2020, and not older than 18 years of age as of January 1, 2020.
4. Junior contestants must be at least 8 years old and in the third grade, or 9 years old regardless of grade, and younger than 14 years of age as of January 1, 2020.
5. Teams of three (3) members will be permitted ONLY IF a county does not have enough members to make a team of four (4) and CANNOT find members from another county to form a cross-county team. Teams with five (5) members MUST designate one of those members as an alternate.
6. If one county does not have enough members to complete a team of four (4), cross-county teams are allowed to participate.
7. A junior individual may compete on a senior team; however, once a junior does compete as a senior, he/she may never move back to competing as a junior on a junior team.
1. The postmark entry deadline for teams to enter the contest is Thursday, June 13. Refer to the team entry form.
2. Entry fees are $15.00 per team.
3. If team members are switched or added at contest registration the coach must have a revised entry form signed by the county 4-H professional(s). Cross-county team rules still apply.
4. Each team must send 30 questions directly to Lucinda B. Miller, Extension Specialist, 4-H Youth Development, Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center, 2201 Fred Taylor Dr., Columbus, OH 43210, firstname.lastname@example.org