Ohio State Fair 4-H Livestock Judging Contest -CANCELLED
2020 Livestock Judging Contest has been cancelled.
Contest instructions and judging: 10:00am
- 2019 Contest Rules (posted February 18, 2019)
- 2019 Entry Form
- Contest Information for Coaches (from 2018 contest)
- 2019 Contest Flyer
- Ohio 4-H Livestock Judging "All-Star" Team Flyer (from 2018)
- Junior contestants - Must be 8 years of age and in the 3rd grade or 9 years of age in any grade as of January 1, 2019 and must not have passed his/her 13th birthday by January 1, 2019.
- Senior contestants - Must have passed his/her 14th birthday and cannot have passed his/her 19th birthday by January 1, 2019.
Study and Preparation Resources
- Junior and senior contests overview, tips, and example materials
- Example oral reasons videos by The Ohio State University Livestock Judging Team
- Excerpts from The Ohio State University 2014 Livestock Selection and Evaluation Manual written by Kyle Culp:
- University of Idaho Livestock Judging and Oral Reasons Manuals (free to download):
- Beef, Sheep, and Swine Selection and Evaluation Project Book ($11)
- Livestock Judging Guide Project Book ($6.95)
- Pennsylvania 4-H Livestock Judging Manual (free)