State 4-H Dog Advisor Training
This training is for any 4-H advisor who has one or more youth taking dog projects in his/her club, regardless of whether the club is a general project club or dogs-only project club.
The objectives of this training include to:
• Educate advisors on multimedia resources available
• Teach advisors how to navigate the 4-H organization in relation to dog projects and opportunities
• Help advisors understand specific dog projects available and their benefits
• Teach the science behind using positive reinforcement during training sessions
• Provide new perspectives for club activities through round table and panel discussions
• Help advisors recognize stress in dogs to promote welfare and safety
• Promote participation of youth with or without dogs present at meetings and activities
• Thanks to a grant from the Ohio 4-H Foundation, ONE advisor per county is invited to attend this training for FREE.
• Advisors interested in attending should contact their county Extension office.
• 4-H professionals will designate which advisor may attend for free, and sign in the appropriate area on the registration form.
• Registration for other advisors is $20.00 per person.
• Registrations must be postmarked by Friday, January 19.