What is the
The Ohio 4-H Cloverbot Challenge gives 4-H Cloverbuds the opportunity to work cooperatively in teams to problem-solve using STEM (science, engineering, technology and math) skills. A new theme is selected each year and teams research a topic, build a working model of their solution to the Challenge issue and create a poster to illustrate their findings. Cloverbuds, team advisors and families come to the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center in the spring, for the Challenge event. Teams present their models and findings to a team of reviewers, learn about other Cloverbuds’ projects, participate in age-appropriate STEM activities and are recognized at a closing celebration.
Be sure to click on each Cloverbud's photo to learn more about their creation!
All the photos are in for this year's virtual Cloverbot Challenge, but the gallery will stay online. Certificates will be mailed in the next few weeks to parent email addresses. Thanks to all for sharing your very creative efforts!
This year's 4-H Cloverbot Challenge will be virtual!
Here's how it will work:
- All Cloverbuds are welcome to participate.
- No registration is required.
- The theme remains the same: On the Move. Read the Challenge details at the link below for more information, BUT...no poster is required!
- Create your model out of interlocking bricks (e.g., Mega Bloks, LEGOs) and take a photo.
- Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your NAME, COUNTY and one sentence describing your model. Only the Cloverbud's first name will be displayed.
- Deadline is June 13.
- Photos will be uploaded weekly to an online gallery on ohio4h.org
- Cloverbuds will receive a certificate of participation to the email sent for submission
This year's Cloverbot Challenge is On the Move! It's all about transportation and the ways in which people and things get where they are going.
NOTE: DId your 4-H club send in payment for a kit this year? If so, please contact Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org.