MISSION OF THE FOUNDATION
The mission of the Ohio 4-H Foundation is to promote, expand, and give recognition to the Ohio 4-H Youth Development Program, solicit contributions and gifts, and recognize youth and adult volunteers.
Several values help determine the Board’s plan of action each year:
- Youth development is the focus of all 4-H activities
- 4-H encourages individuals to reach their potential
- Partnerships are essential to successful youth development
- Volunteerism is fundamental
- Diversity strengthens 4-H
Through fundraising events such as the annual Evening of Ohio Wine and Food and donor gifts made to the Foundation, county and named endowments, the Ohio 4-H Foundation is able to raise nearly $1.1 million annually to benefit the Ohio 4-H Youth Development Program.