Listed below are resources for 4-H professionals to use with youth and volunteers during office closures due to the coronavirus pandemic. If you have resources to share that colleagues will find beneficial, please send a brief description and the link to Sally McClaskey at email@example.com or Sarah Longo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Those items marked with an asterisk* are also found on the public part of this website at Volunteers > Club Leaders.
Stay Safe. Stay Healthy. Here's a great sign with important reminders for 4-H activities - post it or send out as needed. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions - An FAQ with pertinent information has been developed for volunteers and members. It is on ohio4h.org > Families > Stay Connected.
- Camp Counselor Handbook Survey (Pilot in 2020) - if you are planning to use the handbook in 2020, please fill out this survey to assist us with tracking where it is being used and to aid in following up for feedback. Please provide suggested edits or considerations to Justin (bower.183).
- Virtual Camping Curriculum - see email from Jamie McConnell on 4/20 for more details
- Curriculum can be accessed through a Qualtrics survey at go.osu.edu/virtualcampingcurriculum.
- To request collaborator access to the Qualtrics survey to download county reports, please complete this survey: go.osu.edu/virtualccrequest. You only need to request access once. Then, a Camping Design Team member will manually add you as a collaborator. You will be notified via email when you have been added as a collaborator.
- Accompanying materials for the curriculum can be found in Buckeye Box: 4-H Professionals>Camping>Virtual Camping Curriculum. To download materials visit: go.osu.edu/virtualccbox.
- 4HOnline - How to Access Your Family Profile*
- New Family Enrollment (YouTube video) https://youtu.be/sf42JMkSI88*
- Returning Family Enrollment (YouTube video) https://youtu.be/cOWX26CLTLM*
- How to talk to your children about the coronavirus and ease their anxiety - Bernadette Melnyk, OSU Dean of Nursing and vice president for health promotion
From the University of Connecticut College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources
- Links to virtual field trips, STEM activities and more Activities to Keep Every 4-H'er Busy
- 4-H Food Art Challenge
- Here ls a 4-H Food Art Challenge flyer created by Melinda Morrison that you can personalize for your county
- 4-H Upcycle Challenge
- Tips & Tricks for Meeting with Your Club When You Can't Meet (in-person)*
- Communicating Online with Your Club*
- 4HOnline - Club Leader Options*
4-H / OSUE / CFAES UPDATES
- COVID-19 FAQs for OSU Extension 4-H Youth Development - March 11, 2020 Rev: 3/27/20; 3/31/20
- Recording: Q&A with Kirk & Hannah - Topic: COVID-19 - March 11, 2020
- Talking Points - Impact of COVID-19 on the Meant Packing Industry
- Virtual Learning Marketing Tip Sheet from National 4-H Council
- Virtual Field Trips using Zoom – Jamie McConnell and Trevor Tom: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://osu.zoom.us/rec/share/5_V-Ab395mhOTbfm8Ub5XKEYPYC7T6a81idLr6ULmUjtv3U6OE_4axb0zvdmeEMs__;!!KGKeukY!khsTCmrt__t5sOXVV-6r0VcBuhhb64XuVydbG6c6T00A4SwqYfpJDPYEvET7a-kK$
Virtual Field Trips using Google Expedition – Elliott Lawrence : https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://osu.zoom.us/rec/share/w8BJIJDg9D1IHs_J7h_jV_8AL5-8aaa81ndL-voIyk64_PyZeSRSAHmmv6pcUKO5__;!!KGKeukY!hG7BeL1C_Nj5e264OtcndViRrGChQZXqDqtOwPLqRYKR5N-I-uzmMQilz7KYRLVr$
- Hunt the Good Stuff 4-H BINGO
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Youth Health and the Health of Others*
- 4-H Donor Letter - Use for canceled activities and events