Statewide Healthy Living Programs
|4th H Club Challenge
|County Mental Health Guides
|Mental Health First Aid
|Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR)
4th H Club Challenge
The public-facing page of the state website fully explains the 4th H Club Challenge
4-H professionals may borrow a blender bike as it is available. Please refer to the below map to see the closest blender bike to you.
- Map of Blender Bikes in OSU Extension Offices
- Request to Borrow the State 4-H Office Blender Bike
- Blender Bike Curriculum
The public-facing page of the state website has a description of the CARTEENS program and history as well as a table comparing CARTEENS programs across the state.
The Healthy Living Design Team has created a Microsoft Teams (separate from the 4-H Professionals Team) for CARTEENS Coordinators to access curriculum, marketing materials, and resources for CARTEENS programs. Both OSU Extension Employees and approved 4-H Volunteers who are CARTEENS Coordinators may have access. To request access, please fill out the below survey.
County Mental Health Guides
These guides contain information about mental health resources available in each of Ohio’s 88 counties. Find it at go.osu.edu/CountyMentalHealthGuides.
The public-facing page has Healthy Living Curriculum available to anyone.
- Blender Bike
- Coping with COVID (Mental, Emotional, and Social Health Lessons)
- Cutting Board Challenge
- Emotional Intelligence Lessons
- Emotional Wellness Lessons
- Healthy Living Project Books
Mental Health First Aid
Question Persuade Refer (QPR)
REACH - Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
REACH© is the name of the OSU suicide prevention in-person gatekeeper training program designed to help the OSU community prevent suicide.
- OSU Suicide Prevention Program Website
- List of non-OSU Extension REACH trainings (all Columbus-based)
Upcoming OSU Extension-specific REACH trainings:
- Wednesday, April, 24th, 2024 - 10:00 am to Noon - Multimedia Room, 4-H Center
If your office or administrative area is interested in having someone come to you to conduct a REACH training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
North Dakota State University has created a one-off lesson (45 minutes) on vaping targeted at middle schoolers (ages 11-14). The curriculum is free but please DO NOT alter the curriculum. You can add to it.
The public-facing page of the state website has a description of the 4-H Yoga program
The next training will be offered Wednesday, March 27th, 2024. We will work with registrants to schedule a pre-training Zoom. Registration will go live in January 2024. Once you've completed the training you will be added to a Microsoft Teams with all the materials.
Policies and Guidelines
- Only individuals who have been trained in 4-H Yoga may be leading yoga programs/routines in Ohio 4-H.
- You may not train others to teach 4-H Yoga. Only individuals who have coordinated with the state office and Arkansas 4-H may train others.
- It is also recommended that you attend another training within 5 years of your last training as the curriculum and program are regularly updated and new tools, resources, and processes are created.