- Reduce the size of an estate for tax savings.
- Get an immediate income tax deduction based on the full fair market value of the land.
- Avoid capital gains taxed on long-term appreciated property.
- Save on estate taxes and selling expenses.
- Your employer may make a contribution to 4-H to match your own personal gift.
- With certain limitations, deduct the full fair market value of long-term appreciated stocks and bonds on your taxes.
- Make relatively low premium payments, yet ultimately provide a significant gift to 4-H.
- Keep personal assets during your lifetime.
- Save on taxes on premium payments if the policy is owned by The Ohio State University.
- Maintain full use of assets in your lifetime.
- Receive recognition now for a future gift.
- If your life situation changes drastically and assets are needed, the gift is revocable.
- Provide a tribute to the memory of a family member, friend or colleague.
- Make significant gifts to the Ohio 4-H Foundation, but retain certain lifetime benefits.
Many large gifts (especially those involving real estate, collectibles, trusts and bequests) involve detailed planning. The Foundation welcomes the opportunity to work with donors and their investment advisors or attorneys in such planning.
Income is used to enhance existing 4-H programs and fund new programs throughout the state; therefore increasing the impact (quality and quantity) of 4-H activities in Ohio. Funds are distributed on a county, district and statewide basis.