2019 Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities Disclosure and Release of Claims
The Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities Disclosure and Release of Claims document is mandatory for ALL 4-H dog project members who are enrolled in dog projects where they have a 4-H project dog(s). ALL youth enrolled in 4-H dog projects are required to sign the 2019 Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities Disclosure and Release of Claims document, as well as a parent or guardian is required to sign this document, before youth are allowed to participate in any 4-H dog activities with their dogs. A current year's Form MUST be signed EACH year and BEFORE a youth participates in the Ohio 4-H Dog Program with their project dog(s). This document MUST be kept on file at the county Extension office. It is also recommended the 4-H club advisor and parent/guardian keep a signed copy.
For Ohio State Fair Dog Show Specific Information click on the Dog Ohio State Fair tab on the left.
2019 General Dog Show Information
- 2019 County Dog Project Identification Form and Vaccination Certificate (may be used in place of OSF Dog Project ID and Vaccination Certificate with county approval)
2019 Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Dog Show Rules
- Summary of Major Changes to 2019 Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Dog Show Rules (Updated 1.3.19 to reflect AKC Revisions to the Obedience Regulations Effective January 1, 2019 - Graduate Novice and Open Stand Stay exercise)
- County-Use of Ohio 4-H/OSF Dog Rules and Regulations
- General Dog Show Rules for Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Participation
- Obedience (Updated 1.3.19 to reflect AKC Revisions to the Obedience Regulations Effective January 1, 2019 - Graduate Novice and Open Stand Stay exercise) (Open A and B - page 40 updated 1.19)
- You and Your Dog, Assistance Dogs, 4-H PetPALS
- Drill Team and Canine Freestyle
- AKC Trick Dog and AKC Canine Good Citizen
- Poster Contest, Skillathon, Scholarships
2019 Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Score Sheets
- Obedience (Graduate Novice and Open Score Sheets updated 1.3.19 to reflect AKC Revisions to the Obedience Regulations Effective January 1, 2019)
- You and Your Dog
- Assistance Dogs
- 4-H PetPALS
- Drill Team
- Canine Freestyle
- AKC Trick Dog
- AKC Canine Good Citizen
- Poster Contest
Partnership with AKC
Presentations from Ohio 4-H Conference
4-H Dogs 2018. This PowerPoint has been revised with additional explanations to some of the slides presented at O4HC to help those not present better understand their context.
You CAN Teach an Old (and Young) Dog New Tricks. This is the PowerPoint Kristen VanNess showed in this session. It is a Google document with links to Tricks training videos.
2018 Dog Show Rules
- AKC Trick Dog Evaluator Guide (Will be updated to reflect changes in Trick Dog titles soon)
- AKC Trick Dog Title Chart (As of June 1, 2018)
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Test e-Booklet
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator Guide
2018 Dog Showmanship and You and Your Dog Questions
2018 Dog Show Score Sheets
Revisions to the Dog Resource Handbook
Dog Resource Handbook (201R) – Updates to this book have been added to our Books/Resource page under Publication Updates. There are two versions: 2016 edition and 2018 edition. Members can download one pdf with all the changes depending on which edition they own. Changes were made in these chapters: Breeds, Grooming, Communication and Behavior, Obedience, Judging, Showmanship, and Working Dogs. You can also click on the links below to download the updates:
Changes in 2016 Edition (If you currently are using the (c)2012 edition, downloading this file will bring you up-to-date. It has all of the changes for the (c)2016 and (c)2018 versions.)
Changes in 2018 Edition (If you currently are using the (c)2016 edition, downloading this file will bring you up-to-date. It has all of the changes for (c)2018 version.)
4-H Dog Project and Record Book - (c)2017
Please make sure when you purchase the 201 4-H Dog Project and Record Book from your county Extension office that you purchase the edition with a 2017 copywrite. Each 4-H dog project member should buy a new 4-H Dog Project and Record Book each year and use it to keep records for ALL of their dog projects, regardless of the number of projects and number of project dogs.