2020 Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities Disclosure and Release of Claims
The Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities Disclosure and Release of Claims document is mandatory for ALL 4-H dog project members who are enrolled in dog projects where they have a 4-H project dog(s). ALL youth enrolled in 4-H dog projects are required to sign the 2020 Permission to Participate in Ohio 4-H Dog Activities Disclosure and Release of Claims document, as well as a parent or guardian is required to sign this document, before youth are allowed to participate in any 4-H dog activities with their dogs. A current year's Form MUST be signed EACH year and BEFORE a youth participates in the Ohio 4-H Dog Program with their project dog(s). This document MUST be kept on file at the county Extension office. It is also recommended the 4-H club advisor and parent/guardian keep a signed copy.
For Ohio State Fair Dog Show Specific Information click on the Dog Ohio State Fair tab on the left.
2020 General Dog Show Information
- 2020 County Dog Project Identification Form and Vaccination Certificate (may be used in place of OSF Dog Project ID and Vaccination Certificate with county approval)
- 2020 County Dog Project Identification Form and Vaccination Certificate in Word Document
2020 Ohio 4-H Dog Program Sponsor Form
- If you would like to sponsor awards for Dog Bowl or the Ohio State Fair Dog Show, click here to download a Sponsor Form. The only way we can provide awards for our youth is with the support of our very gracious sponsors! Thank you!
2020 Showmanship and You and Your Dog Questions
- Junior Showmanship and You and Your Dog Questions
- Intermediate Showmanship and You and Your Dog Questions
- Senior Showmanship and You and Your Dog Questions
2020 Rules for Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Participation
- Summary of Highlights/Major Changes to 2020 Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Dog Show Rules
- County-Use of Ohio 4-H/OSF Dog Rules
- General Dog Show Rules for Ohio 4-H/OSF Participation
- Agility Rules
- Drill Team and Freestyle Rules
- Obedience Rules (Open Class updated 01.23.20)
- Rally Rules
- Showmanship Rules
- AKC Trick Dog and CGC Rules
- You and Your Dog, Assistance Dogs, 4-H PetPALS Rules (Updated 2/8 - August 5 - OSF Show Day for 4-H PetPALS & Assistance Dogs)
2020 Ohio 4-H/Ohio State Fair Score Sheets
- Agility Scribe Sheets
- You and Your Dog
- Assistance Dogs
- 4-H PetPALS
- Drill Team
- Canine Freestyle
- AKC Trick Dog
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (This is an example. The actual forms must come from AKC.)
- Poster Contest
2019 Ohio 4-H Dog Judges' Guidelines
- Click here to download guidelines for judges when judging Showmanship, Obedience, and Rally at Ohio 4-H Dog Shows, including the Ohio State Fair.
- AKC Rally Resources
- The new AKC Rally Sign Set must be used when training for and judging 4-H Rally classes.
- Rally Mini Signs with Descriptions
AKC Trick Dog and CGC
- Trick Dog FAQs
- Trick Dog Evaluator Guide (effective March 1, 2019)
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Test e-Booklet
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator Guide
Partnership with AKC
AKC Junior Handler, PAL, and Trick Dog Information
Revisions to the Dog Resource Handbook
Dog Resource Handbook (201R) – Updates to this book have been added to our Books/Resource page under Publication Updates. There are two versions: 2016 edition and 2018 edition. Members can download one pdf with all the changes depending on which edition they own. Changes were made in these chapters: Breeds, Grooming, Communication and Behavior, Obedience, Judging, Showmanship, and Working Dogs. You can also click on the links below to download the updates:
Changes in 2016 Edition (If you currently are using the (c)2012 edition, downloading this file will bring you up-to-date. It has all of the changes for the (c)2016 and (c)2018 versions.)
Changes in 2018 Edition (If you currently are using the (c)2016 edition, downloading this file will bring you up-to-date. It has all of the changes for (c)2018 version.)
4-H Dog Project and Record Book - (c)2017
Please make sure when you purchase the 201 4-H Dog Project and Record Book from your county Extension office that you purchase the edition with a 2017 copywrite. Each 4-H dog project member should buy a new 4-H Dog Project and Record Book each year and use it to keep records for ALL of their dog projects, regardless of the number of projects and number of project dogs.
Presentations from Ohio 4-H Conference
4-H Dogs 2019. This is the PowerPoint that was shown at the March 9, 2019 O4HC Dog Session.
You CAN Teach an Old (and Young) Dog New Tricks. (2018) This is the PowerPoint Kristen VanNess showed in this session. It is a Google document with links to Tricks training videos.