Youth Quality Assurance (Assuring Quality Care for Animals)
- Click here to view and/or download a Quality Assurance Test Study Guide
Presentations from 2020 Ohio 4-H Conference
Ohio Department of Agriculture Update, Dr. Tony Forshey
4-H Animal Sciences Update
2020 Ohio State Fair Information
- NEW for Market Swine Exhibitors: PQA requirement
- Project Enrollment for 4-H and FFA Members and Showing Animals at the Ohio State Fair
- Skillathon, Record Book Judging, and Outstanding Market Exhibitor (OME) Rules
- 4-H Livestock Judging Contest Rules and Registration Form
- 4-H Poultry Judging Contest Rules and Registration Form
- 4-H Avian Bowl Rules and Entry Form
- Open and Junior Fair Livestock Rules and Entry Information
Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Information HERE
- Livestock Safety at the Fair - NEW!
- Swine Zoonotic Disease Risks and Prevention
- Animal Disease Traceability Framework - Official Ear Tags Criteria and Options
- Youth Guide on Animal Welfare for Fairs and Exhibitions
- Leader's Guide on Animal Welfare for Fairs and Exhibitions
- Recommended Fair Weights for 4-H Market Animal Projects
- Livestock Judging Cards (click here and scroll down to additional resources)
Swine Influenza and African Swine Fever Resources HERE
- A Guide to Feeding Lambs
- Body Condition Scoring of Cattle for Youth Producers
- Best Management Practices for Feeder Calf 4-H Projects
Interested in learning more about how to care for sheep? Watch videos HERE.
Putting Science into Animal Sciences Projects Fact Sheets
- Should I take a Market Beef as a 4-H Project?
- Should I take a Feeder Calf as a 4-H Project?
- Should I take a Market Goat as a 4-H Project?
- Should I take a Market Hog as a 4-H Project?
- Should I take a Market Lamb as a 4-H Project?
Putting Science into Animal Sciences Projects: Lesson Plans for 4-H Professionals and 4-H Volunteers
- Lesson One: Preparing for a Livestock Project
- Lesson Two: Keeping Production Records
- Lesson Three: Understanding Feed Labels
- Lesson Four: Feeding Livestock
- Lesson Five: Medication Labels
- Lesson Six: Handling Livestock Safely
- Lesson Seven: Using Genetics
Scrapie and Scrapie Tag Information HERE