2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathons Information
Click on individual species in the lefthand menu to access specific study resources, information about the events, and results. General information for all Skillathons are provided below.
All Skillathons are open to any Ohio 4-H member, age 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and older regardless of grade level, to age 18 as of January 1, 2019, and FFA members. Therefore, 4-H and FFA members turning 19 on or before December 31, 2018 are too old to participate in the Skillathons. Youth do not have to be an exhibitor at the Ohio State Fair to participate or be enrolled in an animal project.
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathon Rules (posted February 18, 2019)
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Record Book Rules (posted February 18, 2019)
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Outstanding Market Exhibitor (OME) Rules (posted February 18, 2019)
RECORD BOOK EXAMPLES:
Examples of outstanding record books can be accessed at the links below. Youth participating in the market species skillathons (i.e., beef, goat, poultry, sheep, and swine) must bring a completed record book in order to receive the maximum, potential score on the skillathon. See the record book rules above.
- Beef Project and Record Book example (for a 4-H breeding project)
- Poultry Project and Record Book example (for a 4-H market project)
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathon Calendar
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathon Flyer
- Tips for Completing a Successful Ohio State Fair Skillathon
Contact: Dustin Homan, Program Manager, email@example.com or 614.247.8305