Financial Management Forms and Links for 4-H Clubs/Affiliates
Ohio 4-H CLUB/AFFILIATE FINANCIAL GUIDANCE (updated 1.2023)
Includes information on starting / managing funds, acceptable fundraising practices, and acceptable ways to spend funds.
- Here is a Quick Glance Guide of the Ohio 4-H Club/Affiliate Financial Guidance document. (1.2023)
Ohio 4-H Club/AFFILIATE training resources (Updated 12.2022)
- Financial Management for 4-H Clubs and Affiliates Presentation (link to recording)
- Financial Management for Clubs and Affiliates powerpoint presentation
- Club Dues Sheet
- Fundraising Report
- Transaction Register
For issues related to federal income tax exemption, Ohio sales tax exemption, chartering and fundraising, 4-H professionals should contact Sarah Carpenter. 4-H Clubs/Affiliates should first contact their local county office.
Documentation to Maintain Tax Exempt Status
- Club Constitution (on file at county office) (revised 4.2023)
- Bylaws Optional Template (on file at county office) (revised 4.2023)
- Ohio 4-H Club Charter Checklist (on file at county office) (revised 10.2022)
Federal Income Tax Exemption
- IRS SS-4 Form Completion (to obtain an EIN) (updated 2019)
- Group Tax Exemption Authorization Form (on file at county and state office)
Ohio Sales Tax Exemption
Exemption from paying Ohio Sales tax applies only to the 4-H Clubs/Affiliates making retail purchases and does not extend to individual members or volunteers.
- Ohio Sales and Use Tax Blanket Exemption Certificate
- Ohio 4-H Club / Affiliate Yearly Financial Summary (on file at county office)
- Equipment Inventory (file with annual financial summary)
For issues related to federal income tax exemption, Ohio sales tax exemption, and fundraising, 4-H Professionals should contact Sarah Carpenter. 4-H clubs and 4-H affiliates should contact their local county office.